Thursday, November 13, 2008

ReCap of Day 3

In yesterday’s class, I learnt how to search information from various websites. These are local and international websites. And it was national websites used by government and international institutions, including national and international news agencies.

Here, I have in mind Inter Press Services (IPS), Al Jazeera, CNN, Reuters. I learnt as a continued process to myself how to read news published in the websites introduced and managed by local media institutions, especially the mainstream media like Guardian Ltd, Mwananchi Communication, Business Times Ltd.

I got to know in details the nature of other websites meant for regional purposes. Such websites are AllAfrica.com, Africa Journals Online (AJOL), but also those managed by individual media institutions. I also learnt that of abundant information which can be obtained from different websites like Wikipedia and CIA World Fact Book.

No comments: